As per today’s announcement by the WA Health Minister Amber-Jade Sanderson, the remaining public health measures in place will be removed from 12.01 am on Friday 29 April 2022. This means that on the first day of Chinese School in Term 2 (Saturday 30 April 2022), the following will apply.
- Students and teachers do not need to wear masks in the classroom;
- Parents do not need to provide proof of vaccination if staying in the school;
- There is also no requirement to scan the Safe WA QR code;
- There is also no capacity limits so assemblies can go ahead;
- Close contacts of infected people can still come to school if asymptomatic. However, you will need to undertake a daily Rapid Antigen Test, wear a mask when leaving the house, avoid high risk settings and avoid non-essential gatherings and contact with people at risk of severe illness.
- Note*, Close contacts who are symptomatic do need to isolate until symptoms resolve, so please do not enter the school if you or your child is unwell.
- COVID-19 positive students will still need to isolate at home, and it is still recommended that parents alert the school via this google form link if your child has tested positive to COIVD-19 and was at school during the 2 days infectious period.
Chung Wah Chinese School Leeming will continue to provide as safe an environment as possible to all staff, students and parents. We will maintain a high cleaning regiment, and enhanced ventilation in the classrooms.
Thank you for all your continual support and we look forward to your return to school in Term 2.